Do you know how you can resolve problems at work?
Work can be stressful, especially if you work in a foreign country with people who's first language is English. I can't evaluate how many problems at work I have every day due to many reasons. But I don't want to moan about life, I want to concentrate on how to resolve problems.
How can we resolve this issue?
Any ideas how we can correct / fix this problem?
What concerns me is ...
What bothers me is ...
The thing that annoys me is ...
What I would really like to know is ...
What we must be clear about is ... (example: who is responsible for what?)
What happened is ...
It is absolutely vital that we inform everyone in the office about ... (example: new program that can help them analyse sales figures quicker).
And some example of handling issues at work:
- Mary said that not all team members attend team meetings and without regular updates, it is difficult to work out what stage the project has reached.
- We need to find out why they don't attend our weekly team meetings, any thoughts on this? Shall we schedule 1 to 1 meeting with everyone in our team?
- I think this is a brilliant idea, I will send invitations after our meeting.
- Yes, it is absolutely essential that all team members attend the meetings, I am guessing I have your approval on this?
- Yes, absolutely, let's schedule a follow up meeting once you have spoken to everyone in our team.
Brilliant, see you soon!
I believe that communication is a key and I am going to work hard on improving on it!
And remember always bring your note and a pan to a meeting! LOL