Friday 9 August 2013

Incorrect bill / receipt / invoice

Hi all

It might happen that you will be charged incorrectly by waiter at a restaurant, or seller for item you ordered or at a till in a supermarket.

Below are expressions you can use when you are incorrectly charged:

Excuse me, I have been charged for two drink whilst I have ordered only one.

Excuse me, I have been charged 3 pounds for the sunrise drink, however according to your price list it should have been 2 pounds.

Excuse me, you have charged me for the item that I haven't ordered, it's pasta with mushrooms, I haven't ordered this, I have ordered pizza with mushrooms. Could you please amend the bill?

Excuse me, I have been incorrectly charged as the bill includes coca cola which I ordered but not recieved. Could you please amend this bill?

Not sure what else could happen ... any ideas?

Kisses and hugs

Have a lovely weekend

2 comments:

  1. Very useful phrases indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like the post, very useful :) The only thing I could add is to try and speak as simple as possible. Native speakers use simple sentences and simple words. Polish people have the tendency of overcomplicating things :)

    ReplyDelete