Wednesday 31 July 2013

How to ask for a Pay Raise

Nice subject ... isn't it?

I am on fire ... I am so into getting a pay raise that I decided to spend few hours preparing for a informal meeting with my manager

I have already checked the average salary for the job that I do ... and I am below the average :) so hopefully there is a room for negotiation.

Basically how should I start : hmmm "Listen Boss give me a pay raise I deserve it!!!" I wish it could be that easy ...

How to ask for a pay raise?

First of all ...Did you know that man are 4 times more likely to ask for a raise? How come?

Push back and ask for things you want!!!

If you don't ask for a pay raise you will never get one - and yes, you deserve it :)

The factors influencing a pay raise are: (czynniki wplywajace na podwyzke)

1. Your performance - you are a great employee, you have a lot of responsibilities which you perform amazingly well, you are also hard to replace as training a new employee will take a few weeks :)

note down your achievements :)

2. The Economy - not so bad recently

3. Your employer financial performance - my company is doing great :)

4. What you department has contributed to the organisation's coffers (skrzynki kuferki z pieniedzmi) - my department has a huge contribution to the coffers ... I just don't know how to explain it to my manager.

What I am going to do?

I am going to prepare a list of all my achievements and how my job has changed in 3 years ... I have definitely more responsibilities and more things to do which take more time ... my job is more expensive basically :)

I am going to ask for 10% to 15% rise :)

Wish me luck

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment